Friday, March 30, 2012

Dumpster #2 filled

I went to the Duck for a couple days and got a bit of work done.

When i left...my throat was a bit scratchy and my nose was runny....sinuses i figure. but i got worse as days went by so i didn't do too much work. but, on Tuesday my sis helped me fill up this dumpster. this is the second dumpster i have filled...my garage is clean once again. but i will need a third once i get all the ceilings down with their plaster, lathe boards, and insulation out of the attic. it took us 4.5 hours to fill it to this point on Tuesday. i was in the dumpster and she was bringing me the boards and bags out of the garage....i arranged them all neatly so everything would fit in. LOL   on Wednesday morning we went back for a couple hours and finished the job with more sheets of plywood and more bags of plaster. then i trimmed some bushes down to the fence line and threw those in there, too. it was all filled to the top when we were finished.


I got there Monday about noon but didn't feel like going to work....so i stitched on block #3 for My Tweets...and here it is....all finished. i also got about half of block #4 finished. a bit of progress there, too. 


I've told you about the oil pumper in my back yard. the owners came out Tuesday and Wednesday to replace the pump that is underground. it was pretty fascinating to watch. see those long poles laying there in the front of the picture...on the metal stands....when they were through pulling....there were about 50 of those.


I talked to the man and got a bit of lesson....this pumper is 1500 feet deep....a shallow one for the area. there are about a dozen in my neighborhood. the oil all gets pumped to huge tanks in a field at the end of my alley...on the next block. and i learned in the museum in town there is a picture of all the pumpers....before all the houses were built in the neighborhood.


They got it all put back together and pumping once again. it takes a while for the oil to start pumping again...first it pumps out gas...then water...then oil. so i learned something new. and i have their numbers in case i notice the pumper is not working....i am supposed to call. it breaks belts pretty regularly.


Now i am trying to rest up and get to feeling better so i can stay upright for more than 2 hours. am feeling kind of puny. quilting will have to wait for

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog