Saturday, March 24, 2012

March Color Palette Challenge

Here is my March Color Palette Challenge. this was a bit of a struggle. it wasn't the colors....it was my design. i wanted to use a block that i normally wouldn't. and though i only made 12 of them....it seemed like many more. triangles just have their way with me. i must have some weird brain block on them or something. it's a bit wonky but it is finished.

Let's recap...here is the color palette given to us by Vici Welsh


Here are the fabrics i chose to use


Here is my design that i made in EQ


Here is my top. looks just like it.....if you don't check those points too close. i steamed and stretched and starched the hell out of it and still it doesn't lay flat. it's not my fault...my brain only likes squares and rectangles ....it doesn't work in triangles.


Here are 4 of the blocks together....in my normal fuzzy picture fashion. i tried to show you the good part...LOL   look at the bottom left corner for mayhem.


Now all my monthly obligations are finished and the rest of the month is mine. i am going to play for 2 days and then go to the Duck on Monday for a few days of ceiling demolition fun...or something.

The ground is too wet for yardwork....aw, shucks...LOL   

I started a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle last night on my kitchen sewing table. so there will be no sewing for a few days. i probably won't get it finished before i leave for the Duck...so it will get finished

Later

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

It looks great! Those bias edges can be a pain:)

Search This Blog