Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Color Palette Challenge

I have my April color palette challenge pieced. this month was a very strange inspiration.....a picture of a moldy pie.....forgotten in the back of Judy's refrigerator. LOL


I couldn't for the life of me decide on a design...i had about 4 or 5 in EQ but couldn't commit to one. finally i decided i wanted to make a 'pie'. so i made one large block....crazy quilt fashion.  this is my EQ drawing


This is my pie. i think when i quilt it at the end of the year....along with all the other palettes for the year....i will applique some moldy spots on this pie. LOL


It's a bit strange but i actually like it. don't know what that says about me. this was my first time to paper piece this lage a block....15". that was a challenge in itself.

So, i got to check one thing off this month's to-do list. i need to quit playing with other things and get more crossed off that list.

I almost have a customer quilt finished....another day or 2.

I'm leaving town the 24th and will be gone the rest of the month....so things better get hopping around here....sooner rather than

Later

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's cool, it's a very modern looking block.

Sharon-IN said...

Fun wonky log cabin! I like it!

Mina said...

Very creative. I love that you made a pie, out of a pie.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

What a clever idea to make a pie! It looks great :)

Search This Blog