Monday, April 16, 2012

Civil War quilt

This is a customer quilt that i just finished. It was designed and pieced by my friend Maralie...our quilt instructor. she does a great job. this is one of several in her civil war series. it is about 80" square


I put Xs in the little squares and feathers in the cross in the middle.


She gave me a design that she wanted in the empty spaces. its a diamond shape with feathers on the outside and crosshatching in the middle.


The little striped border got tiny piano keys and the outer border got feathers. of course you can hardly see it as the faric is busy.


Back is a lovely civil war print


Here it is a bit closer.


I used So Fine thread on the top and bottom....a tan color. it blended pretty well.

I have another one to do for her....

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog