Thursday, September 20, 2012

My cool auction wins

Out here in the sticks there is not much no entertainment...so you have to make do with what you have. LOL

There is an auction every week at the end of our road....usually stuff that i wouldn't want if you gave it to me but every once in a while you come across a treasure.

I found this lamp. i had to fight a lady for it...but she gave up at 10 bucks...it cost me $10.50.  it is very heavy but doesn't have any kind of mark or name on it. but i love it.


It's about 14" tall...has a little thumb switch on the cord to turn it on and off. i like the frosted glass on the top and bottom. it will have a forever home at the Duck....when the Duck actually has a place to put it. hahahahahaha


I actually scored some cool hooks made from horseshoes....3 of them. hubby said...."you BOUGHT those?"....yep, i did.  more treasures for the Duck.



I figure i can mount them by the back door and hang my jacket on it. and mount one on the back porch for an umbrella and hat or something. or hang the broom and mop on it. endless possibilities.


I also scored an old wooden chair that needs some tightening and a new covered seat.... and 4 caramel apples with nuts. you never know what they will have to sell. i passed on the cucumbers and tomatoes and cereal.

They sold 2 shotguns for $275 and $340 respectively. don't ask what kind....i have no shotgun knowledge. I know one was a Winchester....the bidding started at $100 on that one. the other was a 12 gauge something or other.

There was a cool metal corner shelf that i wanted and i missed it. Things moved along quickly and before i could catch my breath....it was sold....for $3.50...dang it. There were lots of folks there and i was too far back to see well. i gotta do better...

Later

Search This Blog