Thursday, December 20, 2012

The first day of fitness

Today was the first day i went to the gym to work out. it's been a few years since i've been in a gym. although i have equipment at home, i've been a bit lax lately in using it. so i figured spending money on a gym membership will help me be accountable.

I started out with 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. i really have to concentrate on that to keep my arms and legs going in the right position and not wind up like a pretzel on the floor. i was about 8 minutes into it when a sweet young thin thing jumped on the machine next to mine and proceeded to ramp it up. she left me in a trail of dust. sigh!  i'll get there.

After that i had to sit for a few minutes and drink some water. one of the employees asked if i was ok. i said...yeah, just have to rest before i die. her answer....you pass out before you die. hahahaha  got back up and did 2 sets each of 5 arm exercises and then did 10 minutes of pedaling a bike. that concluded my first hour at the gym. i was sweating and feeling good about myself. LOL

Have an appointment on friday with a personal trainer who will set up a workout plan for me....designed to accomplish the things i want to accomplish....lose 40 more pounds and get stronger. i hope i live through it.

I finished quilting my quilt that i had on the frame. will get the binding on it tomorrow and show it to you.

We opened another present last night. i got baby oil gel and he got a bottle of Aleve. hahahaha  things we had on our lists.

I made a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner .... along with some cheese garlic biscuits that i added some jalepenos to. it was really good. even the dog got a few bites in the end.

I worked on Miss Daisy...cutting and fusing....probably about 40 percent finished. hope to work on that again tomorrow.

Got 2 1/2 blocks quilted on Dear Jane.

Got a quilt book in the mail and looked at that for a bit. and started to read the dehydrating book that i got. found i might need some accessories for it like mesh screen and leather. got to check those out in the catalog. about midnight i gave it up until...

Tomorrow

No comments:

Search This Blog