Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tuesday Travels

Tuesday was a busy day for me. i had a doctor appointment....a follow up on weight loss and blood work. I had gained a few pounds back from the last visit 4 months ago but Tammy said she didn't even care about that. my numbers on my blood work were all good.

Diabeties number down from 5.9 to 5.5
Bad cholesterol number down
Good cholesterol number up
Everything moving in the right direction.

I was pretty happy about that and promised to do better and lose more weight. told her i was going to the gym after talking with her to sign up for the Biggest Loser contest. so she gave me an EKG...pronounced me fit....and sent me on my way with her blessing.

I gave her a quilt for Christmas. she was pretty happy about it and said she would cherish it. she said she has no sewing abilities so it will be precious. i'm glad i surprised her and made her happy.

Then i went over to Cuba to find the new gym location. pretty impressive place...lots of room...all new equipment. i signed up for 4 months. the contest starts Jan 3....so i go in to weigh in and get my pic taken that day. then start working this fat off. pray for me. LOL

While in town stopped at Subway for lunch...there was a coldcut sandwhich on sale for $2. what a deal. and also stopped at the bank, dollar store and grocery store. seems every time i go to town there are a half dozen stops. gas was down to $2.99 a gallon...that was a good thing.

I cut fabric for 14 pillowcases for the kids at Sandy Hook in Newtown, CT. here are just a few of them. going to start sewing them together tonight. that took 14 yds out of the stash.


Got the house blocks all cut to 10". got to figure out how to put them together. there are 12 large ones and 12 small ones. i thought the border should be little house blocks, too. what do you think?


Maybe log cabin blocks for a border.  decisions, decisions


And here are my 6 fairy blocks for the month. i started with Miss Daisy...on the left. the background and oval are fused together and all pieces are cut out of butcher paper. got to iron to fabrics tonight and fuse onto back. lots and lots of pieces.


I was digging through my stash and trying to come up with something to use for the backgrounds and not doing too well. i had blues and greens and a black and didn't think they would play nice in a quilt all together.


So i finally decided to use a green mottled FatBack for the background. then they all will match. why didn't i think of that before i cut all those other pieces up? that took 6 more yards out of the stash


Then i quilted 3 blocks on the Dear Jane quilt. by that time it was midnight and i headed to bed. got to get up in the morning and do my first workout at the gym.  Talk to you..

Tomorrow

No comments:

Search This Blog