Saturday, March 31, 2018

Judy's UFO Challenge for March

The number Judy pulled for March was 8....and here is what I got finished.

For the quilting, my #8 was Christmas Crazy Quilt blocks....this is a Molly Mine embroidery series. I seem to be doing a lot of Christmas things this month.


Here are closeups of a few of the blocks.






Other quilts that got finished this month were...

Famous Buildings of the World...paper pieced.....i like to challenge myself. haha


Pennies from Heaven .... wool applique


Woven, the Alphabet .... for my cousin's grand baby


Woven - Peter Rabbit .... for my cousin's other grand baby



The UFO piecing  #8 was Past and Present ... and it got pieced. It is dark and light browns with pink squares in the corners.


It was a wild and crazy month for piecing....I created quite a few new UFOs. haha

This is called Baltimore Brides Quilt. it is wool applique on black flannel. i don't know why the pattern used black, but i went with it. i have been working on these blocks for a while and finally got them all finished.


Flower baskets. another wool applique.


I Spy ... another quilt for my cousin with all the grand babies. i am in the middle of quilting this one at the moment.


New England Sampler .... another one that has been in process for some time and finally got finished.


Red String Blocks....just getting rid of some red strips.


String Theory...another that was in process for some time. do you see a pattern here? i work on several things at a time and then suddenly they all get finished at the same time.


This is called Urban Spaces. It is blacks, grays, and creams. found the pattern in a magazine. it was cut out quickly and pieced just as quickly. the quilting might be another story.


If you've been reading my blog lately, you have seen this. I am fusing a Welcome to the North Pole quilt. fun.



My embroidery UFO #8 was Molly Mine blue crazy quilt squares. there are 20 embroidery squares...the rest are just blues from the stash.


Here is one of the embroidery squares.


It was a busy month and now I am looking forward to the number that's pulled for April.




2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

16 quilts finished! That's absolutely amazine. You are a dynamo. Love them all.

Nancy said...

Goodness, I thought I was productive last month with 4 tops done. You were crazy busy.

Search This Blog