Friday, August 24, 2018

Anita's Baskets

This quilt idea came from Anita Shackelford. She had a post about a quilt rescue that had these baskets and I liked the design. I made my baskets from selvages and then embroidered some wild roses in the baskets. I started piecing it April 17, 2017...and finished piecing it June 5, 2017.  It took me 3 days to embroider all the flowers. So, now it is awaiting quilting.


It is 62x76" It was quite a chore to wrestle that around in the embroidery machine.


The flowers fit pretty well in the space. I didn't measure exactly...just eyeballed it.


I used the same design for the corners and the setting triangles.....just did the small size for the corners.


They call these wild roses.


The white for the roses is a muslin.


Don't know when it will get quilted, but it is ready.


No comments:

Search This Blog