Thursday, August 23, 2018

Beige Crazy Quilt Blocks with Blue Thread

This was my August UFO embroidery project. The initial plan was to make about 60 blocks and have a bed size quilt.....well, that didn't happen. haha    I stopped at 36 blocks. I used almost 3 spools of blue thread for the embroidery. Each took about an hour to do. These blocks were started some months ago, so I am happy to have them finished.

It is 64" square.  Now that I see the picture, i think there should have been a small blue border before the tan one. isn't that always the way?


I made 4 patches with the blocks and then the top became a huge 9 patch. Mostly the embroidery is only on the seams, but a couple of blocks have other things....like this butterfly


The embroidery designs come from Molly Mine .... these are called Simply Series I.  there are only a couple of designs in the sections.....mostly just decorative stitches on the seams. There are 20 different blocks.


I like this swirly design.


I used old feedsacks for the base for the embroidery. I started out with Imperial Blue thread from Isacord, but used up that spool....and another navy blue....and then a third dark blue...so there is a variety of blue shades of thread.


The other block that i love is the spider and its web.


I have so many embroidery projects started, that I am happy to have this one completed and pieced into a top. It will go to live in the to-be-quilted cabinet for a while.  That cabinet is really, really full. Not too much room for more. I either need to quilt them up quicker or get another cabinet. hahahaha




1 comment:

Vicki said...

A really lovely quilt, I like the embroidery an think the mix of shades works well.

Search This Blog