Monday, August 20, 2018

Vicki's Arrows

I follow Vicki Welsh's blog....and she has such cute quilts that she sometimes gets me in trouble ... .because I want to make them, too.  Such is the case here. Vicki showed her quilt on her blog October 19, 2017.  I started it soon after, but it got set aside...time after time...finally, i finished piecing it.

Hers might have been larger....my original drawing was larger. but i stopped here...at 87" square. It will probably get a border before quilting.


I did mine in blacks, reds, and grays, with a white background. it was relatively simple to piece, you just has to watch the placement of things. and, i do have a corner that was placed incorrectly, but it will probably stay that way. we'll just call it design interest. hahahaha


And, if you want to have your directional fabrics to all go the same direction, you have to watch that, too. which I obviously didn't do.


So, perhaps it isn't like Vicki's after all....but the idea is the same. Hope I didn't embarrass you, Vicki. hahaha

It will go to the to-be-quilted cabinet...where it will languish for probably at least a year before being quilted. 



1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I think that the one on my blog was a veterans quilt made by a member of my quilt club. I loved that quilt too! I don't know where she got the pattern or I'd offer a credit. But it's a simple one to figure out and it looks great!

Search This Blog