Monday, July 1, 2019

June UFO Challenge report

June was a pretty busy month for me and I got quite a bit accomplished.

Currently, on my frame is a king size crumb quilt. It should be finished tomorrow...I have 3 more rows to quilt. I am putting an X in each block...and the border.  This is 102 x 122.  It's from a few years ago....when I made larger quilts.


Other quilts that got finished in June include....

Crazy Quilt Animals...embroidered blocks from Molly Mine


Legacy....a block of the month from Ricky Tims


Oasis...this was both pieced and quilted in June


The Plus Sign


Black, White and Bold


Tops that were pieced in June are....

There Goes the Neighborhood


An empty lot in the neighborhood has a trailer on it...and a scruffy dog in the trash can.


Wildflowers....all made of wool felt



Under the Big Top...this is the first block I finished...it is a work in progress.


Here is the pattern

 

Scrappy Hearts... I made crumb blocks and cut the hearts out of them....and used more crumb blocks for the border.


My Trees are full of Birds...a scrappy block was given every week in an email.


As usual, the embroidery machine has been humming, too.

There are lots of BBQ blocks that have to be pieced into a top.




There are 8" Baltimore Album blocks....appliqued on the embroidery machine. I am trying something new and using a smoky gray for the outline of the pieces. I think i like it. There will be 24 blocks...so far i have finished 5.




Animal Sounds... I had some fabric left over from making a backing. There are blocks with words that are animal sounds....so, i had to add some animals. it will eventually become a quilt when they are all finished.




Working on crazy quilt alphabet letters. I am using all different white fabrics and all different brown threads for the designs....with a gold outline. So far, I have done...

From A ....


To O.. new letters are up for sale every week or so.


I hope July is just as productive. I'm working on it already. haha





















No comments:

Search This Blog