Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Judy's July Challenge Report

It's time for another monthly challenge report from Judy Laquidara's UFO challenge.

July was a pretty good month for me...I quilted 7 tops.

Crumb King.. thousands of pieces ... tiny pieces



Windmills on Selvages....selvage blocks with AccuQuilt cut diamond shapes


Jazz Club .... a panel i cut apart and added stuff to


MQR 2 color challenge....i chose blue and green...2.5x4.5" pieces


Scrappy Hearts....Heart shapes cut with AccuQuilt from crumb blocks...and more crumb blocks as border


Under the Sea...machine embroidered blocks with added fusible fish and turtles cut from a scrap piece of fabric


Selvage Surrounded Hearts....little hearts cut from a piece of fabric and bordered in selvages


For once, I quilted more than I pieced this month. Piecing includes....

BBQ....machine embroidered blocks on various red fabrics...improvisationally pieced.


MQR 2 color challenge top was pieced this month


Scrubs Scraps...I acquired tons of scraps from my cousin who sews scrubs, so, I made a bunch of blocks and bordered them in red and white stripe.


To celebrate the 4th...I made a flag quilt. all blocks and stars cut with my AccuQuilt machine.


The embroidery that I am working on now includes...

5x7 alphabet letters done on the embroidery machine. I am using various whites to applique the pieces and using only shades of brown threads to do the seam designs.  I have 4 more letters to finish.


After acquiring my scrubs scraps, I decided they would make a cute alphabet, too. so, i am using the same 5x7 pattern and using scraps for the pieces but not doing the seam designs. they are all on blue flannel backgrounds. i have 7 more to finish.


And that is my month....it was a good one. how was yours?










No comments:

Search This Blog