Monday, May 30, 2011

More Dear Jane

Once we got home from the Duck i didn't feel like going to the studio...so i stayed at the house and worked on a few more Dear Jane blocks.

I decided to use my Stable Magic and glue sticks on the applique blocks. that is my favorite applique technique. and i stitched them with the blanket stitch on my machine. i tried to use embroidery machine thread that matched the color of the blocks but it kept shredding the thread. I started this block with pink but didn't get too far...then switched to white. but didn't want to do them all in white. so eventually used a gray invisible nylon thread and that worked just fine.

This is E1...different color threads. LOL  the pieces came out too large and overlapped in the middle instead of meeting properly. apparantly my tracing skills are lacking but i am not going to worry about it.


This is F13. i cut the petals a bit smaller so they fit better.


I had problems with C9...but not with the applique. when i was trimming it down...i cut on the wrong line. ugly words were said...LOL...so i just added another piece of muslin to that end rather than do the whole thing over. as you can tell...i am not a fan of 'do-overs'. you'll never see a quilt of mine in a show.....and if you did....it would never have a ribbon on it.....you could just look for the 'oops' in the quilt and know it is mine. LOL



H12 came out just fine. no problems...how about that?



I now have 19 blocks made...not bad for a couple weeks work. perhaps i can get 30 or 40 of them done in June.....or not.  we'll see.

Customer quilts are calling my name so i better go load one and get busy. i am two behind for this month. OOPS!   LOL


No comments:

Search This Blog