Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Orange Selvage Box is empty

I have come to the conclusion.....finally....that i have to QUIT accepting selvages from my friends. i will never use them all up if they keep reproducing.

So, the orange selvage box is now empty.....and will stay that way.


I showed you a block that i was making a couple days ago. The top is now finished.



I used the same black (gray) and white fabric for the foundation for the blocks...for the sashings....and for the border.  i left a bit of the foundation fabric showing in each block.



Each block was 8" square. i ran out of selvages at about 36 blocks but did 6 more blocks with orange strips. unless you know what you are looking for....you can't tell the difference. and i also decided to put a bit of embroidered whimsy in some of the blocks to make them more in the style of Halloween. most of them i embroidered in all black.

We have some cats and bats






A couple of monsters ..... their faces just HAD to be light green. LOL






Some mice and bugs







A witch and a couple skeltons







And a jack-o-lantern




I believe i have enough of this to use for the back.



The top turned out to be about 60" x 70".   a pretty good kid size. it will either go on eBay or get donated.

I'm thinking after next week i will dig out my stash of quilts and put them all out on eBay....gotta make some money to pay for all those windows going in at the Duck. LOL

This will probably get quilted up fairly soon....i'm thinking by the end of the month.

I'm heading out to the Duck again this Friday so the 4 doors and 6 windows that i ordered can be delivered and my carpenter can start installing. I will have windows in 4 rooms now. pretty doors and windows.....but no walls. hahahahahahahahaha





5 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Cute Shirley! And the embroidery really adds the fun.

Vicki W said...

I LOVE the orange mixed with grey! Also love the sight of an empty box. I emptied one today by donating some fabric to someone doing community service sewing. :)

sosarahsew said...

What a good idea to use the print for the foundation so you have the design opportunity to let it show in each block. The whole project looks so fun!

MaryAnn said...

Love it!! The embroidery really adds to it too! I'm sure someone that loves Halloween, like me, will love getting it!

Vesuviusmama said...

What a clever top - I particularly like the embroidered details. (By the way, I found your blog by your comment that you left on Riel's blog - The Q and the U)

Search This Blog