Monday, August 29, 2011

Put Some Selvages in Your Quilts

I have had this idea floating around in my head for a while and finally finished piecing this top last night. i had 2 goals for this quilt....make some unruly letters (per Tonya's book) ....and use some selvages. mission accomplished.


Yes, i know...it needs more contrast. i plan on quilting around the letters with dark brown thread and then again 1/4" away...that should help. i was going to use black for the background for really wanted to use up this pile of neutrals that i had.

The letters were fun to create. i was testing them out on hubby....but he didn't always know what they said. i don't know if that was on me or him. LOL



I wanted to only use the selvages with the dots on them so i cut a whole lot of selvages before starting. i probably didn't even use half of what i had.....so another dot selvage quilt will be made someday.



It is queen size and has lots of space for special quilting.



For flying by the seat of my pants and making it up as i went along....i think it turned out great.



Now to find time to get my stuff quilted. still a few customer quilts to finish up for the year.



1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I could read it immediately! my husband often has a hard time reading my letters too. it's funny you mention contrast b/c that's something I'm always rattling on about, but I love the softness you've achieved with this one.

Search This Blog