Monday, October 28, 2013

Work at the Duck

I just got back from some time at the Duck. i spent 4 days hanging insulation.

The living room is now finished


Around the door was all narrow and short pieces. ugh!


And the kitchen insulation is finished, too. took me 2 days to finish those 2 rooms. and some of it was already done.


And i got the back dressing room /  storage area finished. lots and lots of small pieces.


Other side of same room.


And street side. 


After 3 days of that i was pretty sick of it. so, i hung a sheet of luan in the dining room so i could continue my barn wood installation there. i cut it into 2 pieces so it was easier to install by myself. cut it right under the light switches. still have to paint it black. and have another sheet to install on the other side of the window and above the window.


I took some time to paint the 3 cabinets in the pantry area. pink


Inside and out are pink. top pic is truer representation of color. more paint brought from the farm. gonna use up what i have. the Duck will be colorful. hahahahaha


And i got cute little blue and white knobs.


The counter top is going to be covered in these dark blue and white tiles. more castoffs from my sister.


And while at an auction last weekend, i picked up a few things that i liked.

This bowl looks hand made. it is heavy pottery....no markings on it. 


A cool clothes hamper....lined inside. about 2 foot high and wide.


A cute little chair with a heart back. maybe find a doll to set there.


Some metal lamps with Tiffany style shades. i need some small screws to hold the shades on.


And my bardello lamps. hahahaha  there are 2 of them. check out those hanging beads.


And a cool lamp that i found that has a pleated shade.


A small table. the shelf sitting on the top goes in the bottom....behind the 2 doors.


And another small table that sort of matches the larger one.


My summer has been filled with auctions and yard sales. i now have lots of pieces to re-finish or paint or something.

And i have this barn wood hutch. i brought a bunch of paint from the farm to the Duck and decided to paint the inside of the cubbies purple. don't ask me why....seemed the thing to do at the time.


I think i will like it when it is finished. if i don't....i can just repaint it.


And i had pieces of red ceramic tiles that my sister gave me from one of her projects. i glued them on the counter top....puzzle style. i have most of them grouted now...but didn't get a pic. should finish the grouting next time i go down.


I got some bright white paint to paint the rest of it. and some new knobs for the doors. maybe next time it will be finished. 

So, it was a fun few days.....although i am sick of insulation for a bit. still have to probably hang another couple rolls. 

I really hope i get my walls up soon. i need more decorating options. and painting options. LOL

No comments:

Search This Blog