Sunday, November 3, 2013

Antebellum

This quilt is a pattern from Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession in her book, Making Quilts. It's the second quilt i've made from this book and i really like it. there are 2 or 3 more i plan to make in this book, too. that is pretty unusual because i usually don't find that many quilts in one book that i like. I got a recommendation for the book from Vicki Welsh. so, thanks vicki and kathy. 

So far, it is just a top and not quilted but i am going to have fun quilting this one.


I hand appliqued all the pieces, using some wool felt that i had.


I didn't do the pieced borders around the blocks like Kathy did....but i like my version, too.


I appliqued all pieces with black embroidery thread.


It is an easy quilt if you want to give it a try.


I love this block with the slave and the cotton.


This is supposed to be a spirit of the dead over the church. just a bit creepy. 





Hopefully i can quilt some feathers on this eagle.


This is my favorite block of them all.



The quilt top is actually square and flat....i just didn't iron it before hanging and taking photos. you know i need instant gratification and can't wait. hahahaha

Now on to another Robert Callaham lovely. i am determined to use up all those wool felt pieces.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That's really cool!

Search This Blog