Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Beach Walk by McKenna Ryan

I FINALLY got this thing all fused and put together. I've been working on it since last summer. It sure is a job to make McKenna Ryan's quilts but they turn out pretty.


There are soooo many pieces to cut and fuse. And several of them have pieces that cross boundaries over into the next section.


I think this block had the most pieces...all those hollyhock flowers.


And the jellyfish had the longest tentacles.


The sand castle with crabs was easy and fun. I think quilting will improve this block.


The fishing boat was a chore to get all those ropes in place.


The beach umbrellas was the easiest block. Those fishing buoys under them had a lot of tiny pieces.


The whale was pretty easy


I'm going to quilt this up soon. I don't want to fold it up and have the pieces start coming off. If not this month, then in February. I will probably hang it in the studio. It is 52x68"

I MIGHT add another border to it. I want to see if i have enough of the ocean fabric to use it. What I have left is rather chopped up, so we'll see.


No comments:

Search This Blog