Saturday, January 12, 2019

You want Fries with that?

I don't know how I will get anything else accomplished.....my embroidery machine and I are playing all day.

Today I made French Fries....with a little bag for them, too. There are 10 fries. too cute. I like when they stitched out, it sort of crinkled up the fabric....makes them look good.


And I found a pattern for a salt and pepper shaker set. They are a little big compared to the food pieces, but that is ok.


And my sister wanted me to do some doll shoes for her. She sent me this cute pattern and I made 3 pair. I made these pink ones first....to make sure I knew what I was doing. haha   they are made of felt. the bottom is just one layer of felt and it seemed kind of flimsy to me.


So, I tried some green sparkly felt and put a foam cushion in the bottom. i like them much better. they are sturdier.



And then I had to try some red vinyl that looks like snake skin. a girl can't have too many shoes, right? This pair just has fabric on the bottom and a stripe fabric inside...no foam.


I'm waiting to see which style she likes best...foam or no foam. And I'm betting when she sees them, she will be sending me more shoe patterns.

But, I did finish a quilt today, too. so, there was some serious work being done besides playing on the embroidery machine.









No comments:

Search This Blog