Friday, January 11, 2019

How about some pretzels?

This play food thing is addictive. I was on Etsy yesterday for hours.....looking at the different people who have embroidery food for sale. There are only 5 or 6....and, by far, Sewing for Sarah is the best, in my opinion.

Yesterday I bought her design for pretzels... and today I made them. too cute. Her designs are made for felt, but I wanted to see if I could adapt them for fabric and add my craft foam to the inside...and it worked.

There is a little bag to put them in.


And the pretzels are just adorable. She uses felt in her designs, but I wanted to use fabric....and my craft foam inside. The only part I wish were different, is the stitch around the item being a buttonhole stitch and not a satin stitch, so it doesn't enclose the edges. but, even so, the designs are great.


I put a backing to the front piece, so the stitches wouldn't show. And I folded down the top of the back of the bag about a half inch so it wouldn't ravel so easily.


I am off to Etsy to get more of her designs.


No comments:

Search This Blog