Thursday, January 13, 2011

A little snow dyeing

Since we have had a bit of snow i decided to do a little snow dying. Nothing fancy...just mixed some colors together to see what would happen.

This was a green, a yellow and a bit of blue


This was hot pink, lemon yellow and a bit of blue. i think my favorite.


This was 3 different purples...it got a bit intense. this will probably be included in JudyL's monochromatic challenge if we use purple.


And i cleaned up the pots and table with this piece then laid it outside in the snow and covered it up with snow. i brought in a frozen yard of fabric...LOL



I used up the last of my PFD muslin so i will have to order more some day. i need to probably finish up the rest of my dyes before they go bad. i only used up 3 of them on this day's playing.

Are you playing in the snow?

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful results! I love the second one.

Borderline Quilter said...

I love your second fabric, reminds me of hot volcanic lava!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

MaryAnn said...

LOVE the purple, of course!!

Search This Blog