Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 Hours is a long drive

It takes me 3 hours...actually closer to 3 1/2....to get from the farm to the Duck.  it seems like a really long time while you are driving it....especially driving back home after working out there for 2 days.

I went out Tuesday morning with my truck bed full of barn wood and my mower. and the passenger seat full of my dog.

I basically went out to take the mower and cut the grass. might as well take some barn wood, too. then i had to take the dog because Jim was going to be gone for a couple days. my poor dog does NOT like to be on a run in the yard. she is used to 'free range'. but there is no fence. after about 10 minutes in the yard.... she proceeds to wind herself around the railing of the back steps and just sit at the door and cry. she sounds so pitiful. so i relent and let her in. i put a rug on the floor so she could lay on it. she walked over, gave it a sniff and a couple circles and then went and laid in a corner in some plaster dust. then after a while she turned over....to, i assume, make sure the plaster dust was evenly distributed all over her body. sigh!

i took it easy this trip. i pulled what seemed like thousands of nails.....although it was probably just hundreds. i pulled nails for hours during another visit....perhaps i SHOULD have counted them all. i still have lots of them to pull. would have been interesting to see how many nails were in the interior of this house....or not! LOL  i worked on the ladder for a while....then sat on a milk crate and did easy work for a while....then did some stand up work.  there were many more slats pulled off .... some day i will be able to say that ALL the slats are down. and i pulled up some baseboards...these are tough because for a reason unknown to me....the baseboards extend down below the level of the floor. so they are a bear to get out. i have given up  trying to get them out in one piece. it is not worth the aggravation.

My sis came down to the beast Tuesday night....and that is when my dog abandoned me and pretended she was my sis's dog. of course, she lets her sleep in her chair and feeds her meatballs.....so it is understandable. but she played nanny today and Suzy stayed with her.....snoozing her day away in comfort and not getting plaster dust all over herself.

I stuffed 10 trash bags of insulation and junk into my sis's trash bins so the trash people will earn their pay this week. LOL  but she usually doesn't have much trash so i am helping her fill them up. luckily they have a truck that comes by and picks them up to dump them as my bags were rather heavy.

While i was sitting on the back steps taking a break....a little gray and white kitten come climbing out of the pile of slats by the garage......in a couple seconds another one came out....they looked like twins. i never saw any more...or the mother....so perhaps they are living in the slat pile. they are so cute and adorable. big eyes and very inquisitive. when i went back in the house i closed the back storm door so they wouldn't roam into the house without me knowing.

Now i am all about the laundry and i guess i should do some kind of quilting....perhaps piece on my #8 Judy Laquidara UFO challenge for the month. probably hit the bed early tonight.

Take care....stay cool....later

No comments:

Search This Blog