Sunday, June 26, 2011

I need help deciding.....muslin or color

Whenever i get an hour or so.... and remember....i am trying to work on my Dear Jane blocks. it doesn't look like i will get my 25 blocks done for June....but i have a few.

This is A7. it is all appliqued.



This is A10....it is appliqued, also. still has pencil marks on it...but they will wash out. it looks smaller but is the same 5" as the rest. some of these seem to be sort of optical illusions...depending on the size of the pieces and how they are set. interesting.


B4....this one is paper pieced... quite easy


This is B5....the block was paper pieced and then the tiny diamonds appliqued on top of it.


D6...very simple. i actually reversed the coloring on this one. i didn't like it the other way.


D12...a simple paper pieced block with applique arrow shapes on top.


I1...another simple paper piecing...just tiny pieces.


This is I4...paper piecing once again. the middle piece is appliqued on top.


This is another of the border pieces....in blue....top row, second from left.  


This is the two border pieces that i have put together. i find it strange that she pieced the border pieces that point to the outside of the quilt but just used plain fabric for the pieces pointing to the INSIDE of the quilt.


Now i'm thinking.....should i use pieces of muslin instead of the plain fabrics....where the pink piece is?  i think i would like the muslin better......it would match the background of the blocks.

What do you think?
Would you use the muslin in place of the pink or different colored fabrics for each triangle....like Jane did?

Have you done a Dear Jane quilt?  have a picture you want to share?



3 comments:

shannon said...

i vote for muslin...it will help 'pop' the piecing in the pieced triangles and tie back into the quilt better. i think the pink would look like an after thought...JMHO

Freda said...

Shirley, I have no desire to make a Dear Jane but I admire those that do. I think I would use the muslin, I'm like you, think it would look better. I think I can post this now, we will see.

MaryAnn said...

I think I would go with muslin too, the pink just doesn't look right for some reason.

Search This Blog