Thursday, June 23, 2011

Indigo challenge is finished

June's monochromatic challenge color was Indigo. the only fabric i had that was indigo was a 3 yard piece. so i decided to do something different this time. i cut the fabric in half...used the back side for the front...and the other half for the back.

I got out some rulers and templates and drew out a pattern and then quilted it up....wholecloth style.

It's about 40" square. sorry about the fold lines.....it was folded up overnight. i took it for show and tell for my quilt class.

I like how it turned out. i started out with a darker blue thread but didn't like how it was looking. so i switched to a pale baby blue. then the darker blue didn't show at all...so i went over all of that with the pale blue....much better.  took me a day and a half to quilt.



It was rather fun to just play and see what came out of my head....scary, i know. LOL



I had an even number of spaces around the center medeallion, so decided to do them alternately with curved and straight line quilting.



I was sort of running out of ideas after a while and had to pull out some books to jog my memory.



I think it turned out pretty cool and will hang it in my studio for a while.



I used a black thread on the back and you can see absolutely nothing there. if you look at the binding on the front....you can see what the back looks like. it has tiny, tiny white leaves.



Now i need to finish piecing the #8 challenge and get it quilted up. i just need to add 2 more borders and it is ready to go.

I am just so lazy and uninspired these days. i think i'll go to the house and take a nap. LOL  don't laugh...naps are good for you.


3 comments:

Borderline Quilter said...

Wow Shirley...I can see that you enjoyed yourself....great idea and great quilting!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

Vicki W said...

It turned out really cool!

MaryAnn said...

I love this! It looks really cool with all the different designs on it! Great job!!

Search This Blog