Monday, June 6, 2011

Back home again

I survived the heat working at the Duck for a couple days.....but still managed to hurt myself. i whacked myself in the temple saturday morning with my pry bar. man....that hurt really bad. LOL    aside from a very tender head i seem to be fine. no blood running....no stitches. God watches over fools i'm told. siigghhh!!

I got more plaster down off some walls and more slats removed from walls, too. since i whacked myself....i stayed on the ground and didn't get on the ladder. so the next time i go i'll have to do some ladder work.

I did some yard work....took out a large bush that was in a corner of the house...along with a bunch of vines and junk that was growing behind it. i had vines growing up inside the siding....when i took off window trim there were vines inside there. and my sister and i took another huge bush down close to the street. we plan on chopping the rest of that out next time. i sprayed Crossbow all around the house....killing poison oak and ivy and a holly bush growing under the back porch.

The grass is pretty thick so it took us both to cut the grass...over about a 2 hour period....lots of breaks.

I pick up my load of barn wood tomorrow for the Duck's living room walls. will have to haul it down there and unload into the garage for later use. i'm going to call the electric company and have the electric turned on out in the garage so i can run an extension cord into the house. at least i can get a fan hooked up while i work. i had most of the windows open but there wasn't much of a breeze.

We spend the evenings at the beast....so i took my DJ blocks and actually hand pieced some of the blocks together with the sashing pieces for the first row.

Gonna get busy on the longarm tomorrow.....got 2 more quilt tops today at quilt class. i think that puts me about 10 or 11 in line to be quilted....not counting my own.

We went to a great book sale on Friday in St. Charles Missouri. they advertised 25,000 books.  the worker bees were walking around and adding more books to the tables as fast as people were pulling them off. so even if you walked around a table and looked at everything.....the worker bees came behind you and filled up the spaces again. so you had to go cruise around again. it was a vicious circle. LOL

We had a good time and i'm resting up to go again....probably after i quilt at least 3 customer quilts.

Stay cool
Later

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Good thing you have a hard head! lol! It sounds like you need a vacation from your few days off.

Search This Blog