Sunday, September 1, 2013

A canning apron

Canning tomatoes is messy work. my shirt looks like i butchered a hog when i am finished skinning and cleaning tomatoes. i have tomatoes in my hair, on my glasses, and sometimes on my shoes ..... don't ask.  LOL

So, i looked for an apron pattern. a simple one ...... right!!

This is what i made. it's a cute little apron. big fat rick rack around the neck and sleeves.


Two roomy pockets with rick rack and bias tape on the top. what do you want to bet there will be tomatoes in those pockets when i am finished?  hahahahaha


And the top has smocking!   first time i ever did that.  i didn't notice it on the pattern or i wouldn't have bought that one. had to read the instructions 3 times for it to sink into my brain .... and still wasn't sure. had to rest after the first side and finish it up the next day. 


But it will serve it's purpose ..... to keep all the tomato guts off my shirt. that's all i can ask.

I'll try it out tonight.

1 comment:

helen-mary said...

Nice apron, Shirley. Perfect colour for doing tomatoes, too.

Search This Blog