Thursday, April 14, 2011

Orange Bingo Whirl

I finished piecing my Orange Monochromatic Challenge top this morning. i even used a Judy Laquidara pattern from her book...Weekend Quilts. it is called Bingo Whirl.


This is a great book...there are 3 more quilts in here that i want to make.

I took a few liberties in Judy's pattern. mine was scrappy and the background fabric didn't go in border #5 to match...i didn't have enough. and i made the final border 5" instead of 4".  but i used a lot of orange.....it was easy and quick to piece.  now i just have to get it quilted in the next 2 weeks.



I like the way this border....the striped one....turns the corner.



And i like the pieced border, too. shoot...i like it all.



I even have an orange backing. it wasn't quite wide enough so i inserted another orange fabric down the middle.


I will quilt it all with orange thread and it will be delicious.



2 comments:

sam said...

Yummers!

sasseym said...

hi that looks great.. where can i get a free pattern.. I am going to a quilt retreat and i would like to make it
thhx

Search This Blog