Sunday, July 29, 2012

Channeling Picasso

July's Color Palette Challenge was a picture by Picasso. no pressure....hahahahaha


I started several times and couldn't get an idea to gel. i kept thinking of duplicating the photo. yeah, right!  LOL


So, here i am...down to the wire and it's time to do SOMETHING....even if it is wrong.


Here is our photo....thanks, Vicki .... 


Here's my take on it....just look from far away and squint....it'll pass. LOL


I'll give you a closer look if you don't look too close.


A couple hours work and i made the deadline.


I cut my colors into itsy bitty pieces and put some steam a seam II on the background fabric....dropped the colored bits onto it....put more steam a seam and a black net over all and ironed it all down. i've always wanted to try this method and granted this time was not my finest moment....but i'll live with it. may have to try this again one day.

Here's hoping i get a good idea quickly for next month's challenge.  thanks to Judy Laquidara at www.patchworktimes.com  for organizing these challenges.

Later

 

3 comments:

Mina said...

what an interesting piece, I would have never thought to do that.

I think the colors match great

Sharon - IN said...

Wonderful method! Worked great in this piece. Netting - a good idea to hold everything in place.

pcflamingo said...

I like it! What a fun concept!

Search This Blog