Sunday, July 15, 2012

I designed a new selvage block

While i was piecing the pink and brown selvage top a new idea popped into my head. so as soon as i was finished with the pink and brown i had to give it a try.

What do you think?


It started with this fabric....i had a piece that had these little landscape pictures that i really liked. so i cut them all apart.


There are 4 different scenes.


I have 42 pictures


So i can set them 6x7...works for me.


So i had to drop everything else and play with my new design. i am using only the selvages with plain white on the outside. .... no words...no fuzzy edges.  and i'm only letting 1/4 " or less of the fabric show. i start on one edge and just go round and round till it is done.


I like to set the pics off center and perhaps a bit wonky.


I think it adds more interest rather than straight on.


Between last night and this morning i made 5 blocks...only 37 more to go. LOL


Since the pictures have navy around them i am thinking of sashing the blocks with a dark navy. what say you?  sashing?  navy?  something else?  i want to hear your thoughts.


And....do you have a clever name for this block? all i came up with was white paths...seems kind of lame. hahahaha  i know you have a better idea to share.

Now i have to go quilt up a quilted curtain for my bedroom window....i'll tell you why and show you my finished product...

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog