Sunday, October 25, 2015

Judy's French Braid

This French Braid quilt pieced by my friend, Judy, is so light and airy that it just feels like spring. and she gave me a sort of puffy batting, so i quilted it minimally....which is hard for me. haha

I think she will like it.

front.jpg

I SID in the braids ... and around all the seams in the borders

close braid.jpg

I know she likes feathers....so had to throw in some 'airy' feathers.

close border.jpg

The back is a cream

back.jpg

Wasn't sure about that border but i tried to stick to the minimal quilting

back close.jpg

Top thread was Glide Cream and bobbin was Bottom Line Champagne.

I loaded it the long way to facilitate quilting and rolling. 

I've had it for 3 months....so it is definitely time for it to go home. i have one more small one to do for her first.

No comments:

Search This Blog