Friday, April 22, 2016

Disappearing 16 Patch

Horray....the monster is off the frame. all month.....this is the only thing i have quilted this month.  sheesh!!

This baby is huge....96 x 114" .... don't ask me what i was thinking....my brain died years ago. this was finally pieced on July 15, 2013.  i think it might be a catalog of all the fabrics i owned back then. 

front.jpg

The border needed to be a bit wider.....but, (1)..this is already huge...and, (2) .. i think that is all i had of that butt ugly, heavy print.

border.jpg

I don't want to do feathers or swirls for a while now.

close 1.jpg

I used my 8" circle on the blocks

block.jpg

I think i like the back better

back.jpg

I just did a few stitches at starts and stops and didn't tie and bury threads on this one so there are some issues at a few of those spots.

back close.jpg

I used a variegated Signature thread for the bobbin....it is pretty thick....it took 28 bobbins to quilt this thing.

back closer.jpg

Glide aqua for the top; Signature variegated Atlantis for the bobbin

thread.jpg

Up next is a baby quilt for my sister....should be done in a couple days. then at least i can say i quilted 2 this month.  i am waaaayyyy  behind on this quilting thing.

No comments:

Search This Blog