Friday, August 26, 2016

Fractured Diamonds

Another UFO out of the to-be-quilted cabinet. I finished piecing this on May 14, 2014. Not sure where the pattern came from. It started out as 80x100 and is now 78x98. My first inclination was to do a panto on it, but thought the pattern was too pretty for that. It's pretty scrappy, except for the light green squares that match the border.


I never found a path across without many stops and starts and multiple backtracks. Seems like every other line was a back track.

close 1.jpg

Every row was 4 passes.....for the CC, and then for the feathers and SID. happy to be finished with this one.

close 2.jpg

This took 19 bobbins....more than i have used on a quilt in a long time.

close 3.jpg

The back is a muslin


If you see anything i missed, i don't think i want to know. haha   i looked at it 3 times.

back close.jpg

I had a few thread goobers on the back also but just can't get too excited about them. 

back close 2.jpg

Top thread was Glide Jade and bobbin was So Fine brown. Binding was a brown stripe.


I might need a smaller one next. 

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I love how you quilted this!

Search This Blog