I embroidered these vintage sewing blocks for my sister. she will piece them together and then i'll probably get it back for quilting. it is going to hang in 'my' room at the beast. it will be decorated in vintage sewing and quilting things. we are on the hunt for old sewing baskets. she wants to find some vintage scissors and thimbles, too.
Each block took about an hour and had about 30-35 thread changes. I only did one a day.
I used their color chart and used the same colors in each block, but by the time I reached the last block, I had used 45 different colors. actually, it was 47, but i had to substitute the last 2...i didn't have any other shades to use.
Now to embroider something for me.