Friday, February 9, 2018

Black and white strips

I pulled a bunch of black and white scraps....scraps in this studio is anything under a FQ....and cut them into strips. I pieced them onto a 7" base...anything that i wanted to get rid of....and then trimmed them down to 6 1/2" for the final block.

I did have a plan when I started assembling, but i didn't pay attention enough. haha   a '4 patch' of the diamonds with black centers were supposed to be alternated with the blocks with white centers. i did piece 4 blocks together.....like the bottom portion....then i failed to turn the top section the right way.....so, it is all willy-nilly....just like my brain.  

I guess it really doesn't matter.....it's a quilt.....it will be a donation and someone will use it. what more can i ask of myself?  hahaha

I added an extra section at the top so it wouldn't be square...and an extra section in the middle, too. I don't know why. haha  I finished piecing it in September, 2016.  it is 52x65"

front.jpg.c616063b628b0394d715aec1548088a8.jpg

It was a quick quilting job....wavy lines through the block in a diamond pattern, with a circle in the middle. i traveled back and forth along the row. 

white.jpg.6641b98911c645ff22a81df499b5afd4.jpg

The middle section with the circles got backtracking and i didn't really worry about staying on top of the first stitching....no rulers involved.

black.jpg.84752b7ae15ec28100a801c3c8b961c1.jpg

The back is a bird print. I used Glide Orchid for the top and So Fine light brown for the bobbin. The binding is leftover pieces of black and white prints.

back.jpg.139dc9821ac1ce01c6c59381ae896776.jpg

Do you have colors of thread that you rarely use? Back in the beginning....i bought a LOT of thread....all different colors. just shoot me now. so, some  many quilts are now going to be quilted with thread colors like orchid...and lime green.....and pink.....and orange.   sigh!!

Do you think when you donate quilts that the person looks at it after you leave and says....what was she thinking?.....i hope not. haha

No comments:

Search This Blog