Monday, February 26, 2018

UFO Challenges for February

Judy pulled #1 for this month.

My piecing UFO was the greatest challenge.....it was the Canadian Women top. I did get it all together. I'm debating whether it needs a red border.


My quilting UFO #1 was a Stained Glass wall hanging


This was all done on the embroidery machine and was a challenge indeed to get the seams together and get it quilted.


I just love that colorful little turtle.


The embroidery UFO #1 is called Landscape Christmas. I did manage to finish 6 blocks and then said....enough. each one took 2 1/2 hours to embroider....with about 70 color changes each time.....and applique.  So, it's just a smaller wall hanging. There are 12 blocks in the set.


I did quilt a couple other things, too. I got this black and white selvage quilt finished.


And, I jumped on the band wagon for Amy's A Doll Like Me project and quilted 24 doll quilts and mailed them off Saturday. here are just a few...

Fishing and camping


Horse collage


Mini Geishas


Peter Rabbit


And crumb quilts. I cut up a crumb quilt top and made 12 doll quilts from it. haha


Someone on MQR shared a quilt ... pattern called Woven...so, I liked it and made a few tops...not quilted yet.

The first with Peter Rabbit...


The next with alphabet fabrics...


And then one with Julius Monkey


I have started an embroidery project...crazy quilt 8" squares. the pattern is from Molly Mine.  she does fabulous embroidery digitizing...you might want to check her out.

And, I am still in doll quilt mode, so, have pieced 12 new tops so far. I have put the tops, backing, and binding all together....and in a few weeks will quilt them all up and send them to Amy.

I hope your creative month went well. I am definitely having fun with mine.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, you got so much done! Love your piecing challenge (and I don't think it need a red border), and all the other finishes from the month.

Search This Blog