Monday, February 12, 2018

Embroidery UFO #1

This year I am once again playing along with Judy Laquidara's UFO Challenge for the year. I changed it up a bit to do a quilting UFO, a piecing UFO and an embrodiery UFO each month. the number picked this month was #1.

This is called Landscape Christmas. I started it back in January, 2016......did 3 blocks and put it in a box. So, when Judy pulled #1, I happily pulled this out....and did 3 more blocks. and then decided i had enough of it. haha

Although the blocks are small....about 5x8....they take F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to embroider. the directions say like 63 minutes....well, that is actual stitching minutes. each block took me at least 2 1/2 hours. There were 60 to 70 thread changes in each block. There is applique, too.

So, I have a 6 block top with border. It could be a wall hanging....or a pillow top.... or a table topper ....whatever. It will go in the to-be-quilted cabinet and hopefully, will get quilted...some day. haha


They are cute little landscapes


I just didn't have the patience to finish them....there are 6 more.


I guess at this point in my life i'll never quit having UFOs....sigh!


The trick is to live long enough to finish them all.


I am off to another embroidery UFO....something I like better. i hope to finish it.

No comments:

Search This Blog