Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blue selvage queen size quilt

Thanks once again to Karen Griska for her book....Quilts from the Selvage Edge.  i went to the edge and never came back. i am addicted to selvages. i don't think there is a 12 step program for that, though.

This one finally came off the frame....it is rather large....a bit larger than queen. i had originally put it together helter skelter and then decided to unsew the blocks and make this pattern. i like this better.


I used yards and yards of blue fabrics for the background.



And large piles of selvages.



Selvage quilts are always so much fun. no thinking...no measuring...just pedal to the floor. LOL



And i used up 4 different fabrics piecing the back. gotta love that stashbusting.



I quilted it freehand. but used a ruler to draw the circle in the plain parts. i used a King Tut thread on top and a turquoise So Fine on the bottom. this allows me to use up thread on my quilts that my customers don't choose for theirs.

I have a bright yellow selvage quilt with roosters coming up in the quilting queue. and a black and white selvage top being pieced (slowly).

I actually have some empty plastic boxes....that's how i know i am making progress with all these UFOs and stashbusting efforts.

Gotta go load a customer quilt. talk to ya

Later

1 comment:

Freda said...

I love it Shirley. It turned out great.

Search This Blog