Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home and Harvest finished

My first hand applique project for 2012 is finished. this pattern was in Quiltmaker magazine in 2005


This is called Home and Harvest and is 40" square. i worked on it mostly in the evenings when i was working at the Duck.


I used wool felt for the applique pieces and the background.


I put 2 battings so the applique would be poofy.


I used a dark gray thread to go around all the applique pieces and then a black thread for the background echoing.


There were lots of tiny pieces in this quilt but i like it a lot. when i quilted around the vines in the border i stayed about 1/8" away from the vine. you can't see it in the pics but i like the quilting lines that are on either side of the vine.


Here is a shot of it laying on the table... i was trying to show you how poofy the pieces are.


The back has a bright floral. the binding is a dark gray. it will have a place of honor hanging in the studio.


Now i am working on my next applique project....a queen size quilt....hand applique with wool felt on flannel background. i am doing My Tweets.....a BOM project that was online in 2011.

Now i have all my February to-dos done. actually, this one was on the March list. LOL  i'm going to quit for the day....go back to the house and chill out for a while. there is a creamsicle in the freezer calling my name.

To see what else i might find to do...check with me

Later

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a beauty! Congrats on a great month and enjoy the creamsicle!

Katie said...

Stunning! What a lot of work went into that, but it is a beautiful treasure. Too cold and rainy here today to contemplate creamsicles, but spring is on its way!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Can you tell me what issue (or issues) this quilt came from. I am going to try to find those back issues. Thank you so much.
Linda
appliquegirl@hotmail.com

Search This Blog