Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trunk show and class

I got an invitation to show my selvage quilts and teach a selvage class a few days ago. it was at a guild that is about 45 miles away. i don't belong to this guild but know several people who do belong.

It was a bit of a drive and the show was at night. i don't normally drive at night....not that i CAN"T...just that i don't like to. so they put me up in the Best Western for Thursday night and my friend, Brenda, stayed there with me so she didn't have to drive home even further for the night and come back the next day for the class. and she was going to help me with the class if there were a lot of people signed up.

We went out to eat at The Great Wall....a Chinese buffett. about 10 or 12 guild members showed up for dinner. it was very nice. it was a huge buffett but i stuck with things that i knew that i liked....there were some strange things there. LOL

I got to talk for about an hour and show about a dozen selvage quilts. someone was taking pictures and there were many questions. and some oohhing and aahhing...that's always good. LOL  some folks took my business card and lots of ladies came up after the meeting to speak with me further. along with my selvage quilts i also showed my selvage  jackets, shorts and bathmat.

I also took a crazy quilt and my Dear Jane partially finished quilt and my box of crumb blocks. there were about 50 members at the guild meeting and they all seemed to appreciate the whole show. i got lots of lovely comments. oh....and they gave me a gift, too. a great lap size quilt with yellow ducks. i love it. and there was a potholder, too....with chenille on the back. i have used both items already.

On Friday we had class from 10 to 3. there were 6 at the class. enthusiasm was high and everyone did a good job making their projects. there was a table runner and several potholders. Linda put blocks together and made a frame that was lovely and trimmed it out with Razzle Dazzle thread. there were blocks made to take home and decide what to do with them. and Becky even made a crumb block along with her selvage blocks. 

All in all it was a great time. while i was stitching with selvages i made 2 more different blocks that i hadn't made before. one of them will become a baby quilt....will show you when it is further along.

There was a lady upstairs teaching beginning sewing to some ladies...i believe her name was Martha.  at the end of their class she brought her students down to see what we were up to. i brought out a few selvage quilts so they could see them, too. We stopped about 12:30 and went to Pandera Bread Co for lunch.

Unfortunately, i didn't take photos so you will just have to believe that there was lots of sewing and laughter.



When i got home i had to take a nap....that was tiring work. LOL

Later



No comments:

Search This Blog