Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kay's Irises

Today I got Kay's Iris quilt finished. got the binding on it and it is ready to go. this baby was on the frame for way too long...about a week. i just couldn't get my mojo going. so yesterday i made myself finish quilting it and today i got the binding on it.


Kay brings me embroidered blocks and i turn them into quilts for her. it seems like this might be the third one with irises on it.


I really didn't have any fabrics in my stash to piece this quilt. but my friends came through. i got the purple/gray stripe for the sashing from Brenda.  and the darker paisley in the border from Maralie. 


I tried to make this lighter so you could see the actual fabric. the weather is cloudy and my pics suck these days.


The back is a muslin and i used a panto on it. the panto looks like iris...so i thought that was appropriate.


Two more Kay quilts to go. i keep trying to come up with something different each time and it is getting more than challenging. but i seem to pull it off each time.

I'm taking it for show and tell at class on Monday so the ladies can see how i used their fabrics...then i can call Kay to come and pick it up.

Now i'm tired and have to wander home and take my daily nap so i can do some hand applique

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog