Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Spy 4 Patch

Yesterday i pieced my I Spy 4 patches into a top. my friend, Brenda, had an I Spy like this for show and tell at class and i really liked it....so i stole her idea. thanks, Brenda. LOL

I have been cutting up fabrics for I Spy quilts. just stacking up the blocks until i get an idea of how to set them. this seems to be a good use of fabrics that wouldn't otherwise get used.


There are some baseball and football squares...and a basketball border.


There are cowboys and candy


Sports teams and houses


Love this iguana...or lizard...whatever he is. i had a piece of fabric that was about a yard that i was saving for 'something special'. hahahha  every once in a while i cut a bit of it ... until there was hardly anything left for 'something special'. so now it is I Spy blocks.


Some cats and baseballs. and dog bones and penguins


And my favorite puppy. that fabric is about all gone. i love those little dogs


The basketball border came from my truckload of fabrics that i acquired. the man said his wife made pj pants for the grandsons out of this ... but i don't know. it is a thicker cotton fabric ... almost an upholstery weight. perhaps they were winter pjs.


I like this I Spy top a lot. now i have to come up with another design for I Spy. gotta think on that .... do you have an idea for me? 

Let me know

6 comments:

Sue H said...

That is a fun quilt!

Harriett said...

Love your quilt! Now I see myself cutting blocks for yet another quilt. Thanks so much!!

Karen said...

Love it. I have an I Spy on my Want to Make list. Just need to collect more novelties.

Julianne said...

I spy quilts can be such fun...

Teri said...

I need to put together an Ispy. I have so many novelties just sitting around. This is a fun quilt. So much to look at.

Karen said...

I love I Spy Quilts. Thanks for sharing a great way to make I Spy blocks.

Search This Blog