Thursday, April 4, 2013

Needlepoint wallhanging

My cousin, Bob, created this beautiful wallhanging. he said he has had it marinating for 18 years.....it was past time to get it quilted. it is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. if you do any needlepoint at all....you know what kind of work this is. 


It's about 40" x 45". there is a block for each month of the year.


I went around the picture and then also a bit around other things to hold everything together. i used So Fine thread in white to match the canvas and only stitched on the white so the thread wouldn't show unless you are looking for it.


The little tiny things are stitched so fine.


Every little block is just full of things to look at.


Bob does a lot of different needlepoint projects...and they are all awesome.


I love all the quilts in the blocks.


I have done needlepoint and mine never turns out this good.


That's me...hauling the apples from the orchard. LOL


I put feathers in the sashings


And just SID around the 9 patches. 


I love this one...see the little dog begging for a treat?


Beautiful work, Bob.


The backing is a blue...same as the front. don't know why my camera shows it as white. 


That was the coolest thing i have quilted in a while. 

Guess what's on the frame for ....

tomorrow


No comments:

Search This Blog