Friday, April 12, 2013

Japanese Ladies

I hate when i buy a fabric because i love it....and buy a lot of it....and then don't use it right away....and then later i don't love it any more. 

That is what happened here. I got this Japanese fabric with geisha girls on it. looks like i bought at least 10 yards. i was making 4 patch posey blocks....made lots of them....put it all away.....got it back out about a year later....and don't like it any more.  

So, i embroidered some blocks and put them together with the 4 patch posies and this is what i got.


I still don't like it much ..... but it is together .... and perhaps by the time it is quilted....who knows what year...i might like it again.


The designs are kind of hard to see. Japanese pond scenes and flowers


The border is the original fabric. and i still have a yard or more of it left. sigh!!


When i started the embroidery .... i used a pale orange fabric ... .then ran out of that .... so half the blocks are a pink/salmon color. 


All i can say is it used a lot of fabric. LOL  it's about 84" x 101"


But, i still don't like it. I'm gonna work on something i like...

tomorrow

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Wow, you made a gazillion posey blocks! Good for you for working on older projects. If I didn't like the fabric I'd have to donate it or something. I don't think I could work on it.

Search This Blog