Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Spy Match Game

I've been thinking of  I Spy quilts lately. my friend,  Brenda, makes lots of them. i cut up a bunch of fabrics for her from my stash and while i was doing that.....i cut up some for me, too. so after 140 4 inch blocks.....this is what i have.


I put them together in 4 patches first....then set the 4 patches....5 x 7.



It goes quick and easy that way. a few hours and it was a top.


I've been doing a lot of 'jar' blocks...with the vinyl being the jar....so you will see a lot of veggies and candy.


This is not just any old I Spy top....no, sireeee.....there are 2 of each square the same....so you can play a matching game.


Plus...there are 2 blocks that don't match anything. so you can also find the 2 single blocks.


I will put instructions on the label. hopefully, that will keep a child or 2 (or 3) busy for a bit.

And i love that i had the reverse fabrics to make the borders. just seemed to work. now i have more I Spy 4 patches....this time all different. but they are going to be set differently. maybe if i get them together, i can show you...

tomorrow

No comments:

Search This Blog