This is about 105" square. my goal was to use up my neutral crazy quilt fabrics..lace...trims...a few buttons, etc. it has machine embroidery, hand embroidery, pieces of linens (handkerchiefs, tablecloths, pillow cases), and anything else i had. I actually pieced this thing years ago....maybe 5 years. happy to see it done
The middle heart is a crazy quilt pattern from my friend, Mary Boushie.
A few close ups .... showing different laces and buttons and bits and pieces
The backing fabric was chosen by my sister because it is going to live with her at the Beast. i used leftover backing fabric for the binding, also.
Top thread was Glide bright white and bobbin was Bottom Line, a yellowy tan...to match. it took a LOT of thread...i think, 13 bobbins. i just SID in the smaller blocks.....SID in the larger blocks....sometimes going around beads and buttons...and put a little something in the larger pieces. Oh, and i broke 2 needles.
Final border is a swirl with feathery type things....next border in was feathers....inner border was swirls. so, things quilted in the larger blocks were the same things as the borders.
It was on the frame a long time and i am happy to be done with it. i had some issues with the final border being wavy and i took 2 folds....but i have no one to blame but myself, since i pieced it. haha
Now...on to smaller quilts....that will be done quicker. this finishing up UFOs is really getting behind schedule. But....i will start next week. i'm off to the Duck for a few days.