Sunday, July 30, 2017

July UFO Challenge

July was a pretty productive month....since the weather and the bugs and creatures have destroyed the garden. haha

My UFO for July was to finish the embroidery blocks for Christmas Town. they were finished, and pieced into a top.


All have applique sky, land and water...and some houses. all horizon lines match, no matter how you set them.


It's an Anita Goodesign CD...they have fabulous stuff.


I quilted a few in July, too.

This one belongs to my friend, Brenda. the white flowers are made up of 1/2" hexies. and the vase is 3/4" hexies.
 

Colorful Striped Diamonds. Strip pieced, with center stripe the same in all blocks, with a light strip on either side of the center strip.


X Box...brown background blocks with selvage strips making the X across them


X times 4 .... Green selvage quilt


There were a LOT of tops finished up that were in the stack for a while.

Bill's Quilt...inspired by a quilt shown by Bill Volckenberg on Facebook in May


Jungle Animals....a cute little panel of animals that i received from my friend, Sharon


Playing with orange and black.  Pieced centers, Black wool felt surround, appliqued on orange. this has been in the works a few months.


Another one that was waiting for a finish for several months.  Split Personality....a fun one to piece...required concentration.


Square in a square in a square. 2 1/2" squares...about 2400 of them. i pieced it quickly..about 10 days. another fun one.


Which Way is Up?  saw this pattern in a magazine and had to give it a try. find 16 arrows


It was so much fun, i made Which Way is Up? II.....arrows more distinct


This pattern is addictive. I am currently piecing Which Way is Up? III....and IV is cut out. hahahahah

I got the Buttermilk Basin block finished for the month. I believe it is October's block.


Love that crazed looking cat. It might just be my sewing that makes him crazed looking. haha


And that finishes up my July accomplishments. There is a quilt on the frame for my sister at the moment...you will see that next month.

Hope you got your UFO finished and more.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am sorry about your garden, but you sure have had a very productive month! Congrats on completing your July goal and then some! Did you even sleep in July? Ha, ha!

kwiltnkats said...

Indeed you were busy in July! Each and every one of your projects are splendid. I'm a cat person so your cats gave me a big smile =^.^= Sandi

Vireya said...

What a great lot of projects!

Search This Blog