Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Architectural Gem

This pattern is by Susan Guzman and can be found in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of McCalls Quilting.


I spent a few days cutting out pieces while I was babysitting the embroidery machine and then took it over to the house to work on it during the evenings. It is easy to do as long as you mark your various sizes and pay attention to which pieces go together. I had it pieced in a couple of weeks.


I actually liked it enough to keep after it, instead of getting part finished and moving on to something else.


I'm glad i had enough of the black to make it all the same.


I had a darker red picked out for the border where the red and white squares are, but i cut it wrong and didn't have enough to cut again, so, i had to substitute something else.


It is about 90 x 94"... a good size for the bed. It might not marinate in the to-be-quilted cabinet too long before it gets quilted.



No comments:

Search This Blog