Saturday, February 29, 2020

February was Orange month

In Judy's Color Challenge, February was Orange. I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough orange to do anything...ahhahahahah....was i wrong.

I started with selvages and did this....

There are no more orange selvages. It's about 60x72


Then ....

I had a bunch of I Spy blocks already pieced together as a 4 patch with the orange strip in the center, so I put them together, added a border, and this is what i got.


Then...

I had this aqua and coral top that had a few rows put together...the rows with the gray arcs on them. Plan B was to forget the rest of the gray and just put the rows together..and I got this...

Yes, I counted the coral as orange....hey, it got an UFO out of the box.


Then ...

I had these crazy quilt pumpkins that I had made with my embroidery machine, so I pieced them together and added a border and got this....


Then ...

I had some orange crumb blocks, some orange and green triangle pieces (from an unfinished UFO), and I rounded up a bunch of orange bits and pieces and got it all together into this ....

I call it Orange Madness. haha


Then ...

There was still some February left, so I pulled out this Patrick Lose Halloween fabric. There was a panel that I cut up into 10 inch blocks. And cut the coordinating fabric into strips and made more 10 inch blocks....and it wound up looking like this.


That is all of my orange fabric craziness for February.....but...there were still a few days left in the month. I have been thinking of repainting my kitchen....so, why not......new kitchen walls and ceiling and cabinets are 2 shades of orange.


Here's what the old kitchen paint looked like....it's been about 17 years and the ceiling never got finished with the paining. hahaha


Although I'll still be working on the kitchen remodel for a couple weeks, I'll move on to March fabric madness of Yellow.

7 comments:

Granny said...

My goodness! You did so much and your kitchen. I love it!! I can't believe how much you did (and how brave you are with that orange kitchen!).

Heather said...

You definitely took the orange challenge seriously! Cant wait to see what you do with yellow!

Claudia Duke said...

Love all your orange quilt tops!

Helen said...

Holy moly!!! You used a LOT of orange!!

Beautiful, that's for sure. I did a little orange when making baby bibs and burp cloths for a shower for a soon-to-be-born great-great nephew.

Susan said...

Wow, that was a lot of orange quilting, and though I'm not fond of orange, there's not a one of those quilts I didn't like. To have that much orange selvedge, you must like orange. =) And your kitchen! What a difference. It's warm and totally not bland now!

Laura said...

All of your projects are awesome, but I especially love the selvage quilt!

Patt said...

Orange is my main squeeze too. Nothing shy about orange.
Love all you have accomplished in Feb 2020!

Search This Blog