Friday, January 31, 2014

Grandma's Country Album

I found another Robert Callaham pattern....actually, 2 more.  this one is called Grandma's Country Album. i really like these quilts that he designed and am happy to have 2 more to do.


Here is the finished quilt.  more of those little squares for the sashings. but a different border.


Grandma's Cabin...these patterns are found in old McCall's Quilting magazines. i have been scouring the internet to find them. the magazine that had this pattern had several pages missing...including the pullout section for the pattern. but that only had the trees, heart and sidewalk, so i could draw them myself. but, the measurements to cut out the house pieces had 2 incorrect measurements. so that took a bit of head scratching until i got it figured out. the sidewalk not meeting the doorway properly is simply my error of not paying close enough attention. we'll just say the cabin shifted a bit on it's foundation....that's my story and i'm stickin' to it. hahahaha


Margrit's Star...this block was pieced a bit differently than usual. the only set in seams were the ones around the edge..the background cream. and there was no .... stop stitching 1/4 inch short to set them in. it went very smoothly. i liked that.


Classic Basket...just a cute little basket with flowers and leaves. simple


Time to go get more blocks together.

See you later

4 comments:

Susan in FL said...

I have been searching for the issues with this pattern and came up with you blog. Your quilt is lovely! And such perseverance! I'm about to give up because I can't even find a list of the issues having the pattern. There's lots about the second pattern but I love album 1. I think the series started in 1996 for this one. Is this correct?

Janice said...

Where can I find the patterns for both 1 & w

Janice said...

That 1 & 2

Unknown said...

I would like to make this quilt but I haven't found parts 1 and 2, and the last 3 pages of part 6. Where might I find the missing parts?

Search This Blog